Wednesday 1 August 2007

Recording a Bus Ride

Recently I was in Hong Kong and recorded a few activites for VeoGeo.

Shopping at Mong Kok at night:

A bus ride down Nathan Rd during the day:

A bus ride up Nathan Rd during the night:

A walk down Apliu St Technology markets:

Part of a bus ride to Sha Tin:
To show you how the bus recording was done, I snapped the photo below. I was using a normal camcorder, along with a screw-in wide-angle lens (0.6x). The GPS was a Garmin Forerunner 305. The camcorder was clamped onto the bar at the front of the bus using a Pedco Ultraclamp.

1 comment:

Sean said...

Pretty cool videos! I notice that the elevation tracks seem a little funky, and I know for a fact that the Garmin Forerunner 305 records wonky elevations. I think some programs / sites (motionbased.com, for example) will fix the elevation tracks for you so it's actually accurate.